Grosse Pointe Recovery Support Group
Grosse Pointe Peer-Led Recovery Support Group
NAMI Metro conducts a free peer led recovery support group for people living with mental health issues in which people learn from each others’ experiences, share coping strategies, and offer each other encouragement and understanding. This group meets the 1st and 3rd Monday at 7:00 p.m.
This is a recovery support group program for adults living with mental health issues. Your group will provide respect, understanding, encouragement and hope. This relaxed approach can support you as you share the challenges and success of coping with mental illness.
What Should You Expect?
- Meets 1st & 3rd Monday of each month for up to 1-1/2 hours free of charge.
- Designed for adults (18 and over) living with mental health issues.
- Facilitated by trained individuals who live in recovery from mental health issues.
- Confidential – share as much or as little personal information as you want.
- Does not recommend or endorse any medications or other medical therapies.
- Guided by Principles of Support.
Why Attend a NAMI Metro Support Group?
An environment of sincere, uncritical acceptance
Meetings begin with a review of group guidelines and Principles of Support. Following this introduction, anyone that wishes to may share an update on current life success and/or challenges. The group works together to address the most pressing issues using a process called “group wisdom.” Themes that naturally arise during the group can become a focus of group work. As a participant your voice is heard. You may contribute to the discussion em pathetically, building a sense of community that is based on sincere, uncritical acceptance.
Tools for caring for your life
Practical, constructive solutions shared by the group, also called “group wisdom,” may help you find solutions to current life challenges. You may also learn about community resources from other participants. By sharing your experiences, you have the opportunity to gain hope and new friends in a safe and confidential setting.